Before to jump experimenting on 49 count silk gauze with new Pearsall's silk floss I received last week, I decided to make another sample on 40 count. This time I used DMC cotton floss for the whole design (petals and the leaves of Pansies) and the Pearsall's silk floss for the background.
Now, let's see what the use of different threads let's do to the same design. Actually, instead of stems (that you can see on the first stitched sample) I added another leaf on the second sample.
First of all, I like the choice of DMC colors better. Don't you agree?
As you remember, in my last post I said that the Pearsall's silk floss is thicker than the DMC cotton floss. You can see it on this picture better:
However, the choice of DMC colors make the whole flower to pop up out of the whole picture.
The use of short and long stitches of 2 colors of Pearsall's silk floss (Old Gold and Golden Brown) gives a nice texture and emphasizes the colors of the Pansies.
Now I will spam you with the rest of the pictures, lol. Enjoy it.
The rows of the stitches on the flower remind me the tulip fields!
Hooray! Spring is coming!
By the way, this is the insert for the future dollhouse miniature needlepoint/tapestry frame.
Now, next experiment with the Pearsall's silk will be on 49 count silk gauze.