Monday, June 16, 2014

Dollhouse Miniature Reproduction of an Antique Kazak Rug in 1/12th scale - Update


Today I want to show you the updates on 2 rugs that I am currently working on.

The first is a dollhouse miniature Kazak rug in 1/12th scale, 49 count. I finally finished last inner border. There are total of 8 borders in this rug.


When I started charting Kazak rug I planned to make the rug that it would be all about the borders: bright colors and simplicity in geometric design, this is what impresses me in Kazak rugs. I wanted to finish the field of the rug with 1 over dyed color, for instance, light green. However, now, I am thinking about to come up with design for the field, because it seems to be waist of time just to sit and monotonously fill the are up. What do you think?

Second rug the update on which I wanted to show is French Savonnerie. The medallion is in the process.


Now, back to work!

I hope, everyone has had a wonderful weekend and ready for a new week! Good luck!
Natalia

8 comments:

12Create said...

Both rugs are exquisite. I am sure whatever you decide to do with the bordered rug it will look great, although it would be a shame for the border not to stand out as it is stunning. I could imagine the centre in one colour, especially a reasonably bold colour, even perhaps the blue again. I look forward to seeing what you do.

maribel said...

Un trabajo perfecto

mcddiss said...

la verdad es que puede ser interesante hacer el resto de la alfombra asi , a mi me gustaria ver como queda
el medallon de la otra me encanta

besitos

Mari

Marisa said...

oh my goodness they're so pretty, I cant wait to see them finished :)

Hugs
Marisa

BiWuBär said...

Okay, the borders of the Kazak would have the starring role if you'd let the inner field plain in one colour... but apart from endless boring stitching of a big one-colour block - I think this beautiful piece deserves a stunning centre too. So, get back to your turbo-needle... ;O)

Hugs
Birgit

Ilona said...

Oh my, Natalia, I always admire your work, these two rugs are awesome work :D!! I think personally I would choose for a design in the empty field too, but not one which is too crowdy ;)!
Hugs, Ilona

Daydreamer said...

Natalia, your stitching is so Perfect and you are so Patient! The medallion is going to be a stunning rug! And I agree that the center of the other on Must have a pattern too... I can't imagine one without pattern... and often the way the rug sits in a furnished room, the center part is what you see the most of... so I think you will have to keep going!!! (Notice that it is those of us who do not have to do the stitches suggesting what you should do! LOL!) I think the pattern should have a "star-like" feel to it... a little like the border pattern only bigger and more elaborate! But you are the stitcher.... so I am sure you will choose a beautiful pattern for the center!

ANDA said...

This rug is beautiful! I admire your patience Natalia!!
Thanks for the follow-up. The facebook - I can not apply for on followers. What could be the reason?
kiss

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...