Thursday, October 9, 2014

Dollhouse Miniature Petit Point Rug "Snow In Albuquerque" - Finished


Day 6, 7, 8, 9.

Even though I have never heard Birgit's (http://biwubaer.blogspot.com/) voice in real life, I still can hear it in my head:


"I like filling the space between the patterns... I like filling the space between the patterns..."


These magic mantra and all your support allowed me to put last stitch on the background of a Dollhouse Miniature rug "Snow In Albuquerque" today in the morning.

So far, it took me 9 days to finish this little project. I never count countless hours I spent on my work, because due to my inconsistency I can't sit too long enough and sometimes the process of stitching consists of a couple of minutes between the housework, homeschooling my daughter, gardening, etc...

Actually, there is nothing wrong with filling up the background. There are advantages here too:

1. you work with one solid color that allows to keep your working area cleaner than if you use multiple colors;

2. you don't count;

3. you don't use a chart;

4. you even can watch TV and talk between the stitches.

Here is the rug:


I must say, I am not happy with off-white color I chose.
It doesn't allow to see the distinct difference between the border and the field of the rug.
Snow in Albuquerque seems to be dirty, lol...

I should picked up a bright white color, exactly how first snow looks like and how I remember it.

Do you understand what it means?

I might want to re-stitch it. At least I have time to think about it.

For now, this little friend will be hanging on a blocking board for a couple of weeks. In meanwhile, I am planning to start working on my long last project - dollhouse miniature Kazak rug.

The Gloriana silk floss arrived and my goal is to finish the rug at the end of October.

What are your plans for this month?

Natalia

6 comments:

elizabeth s said...

Well Natalia, what you have here is an Extremely Beautiful Little area rug that I find faultless. As the Artist who composed it, you are naturally the more critical, but how you could even contemplate rip and re-stitch it, is simply inconceivable to me. This rug has a very soothing color combination, soft and delicate which can also describe the snows of New Mexico. :))

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Dear Elizabeth,
Oh, no! There is no way I am going to rip this rug. What I meant to say that I will stitch another rug with the same design, but will pick up different colors. Thanks a lot for your comment and I am glad you liked he rug. Hugs, Natalia

Maria Blanca "AyamontinoMaria" said...

Natalia, aunque no te gusten los colores que elegiste, yo encuentro tu alfombra ¡preciosa! Felicidades, es un gran trabajo. Un beso

Ilona said...

This rug is gorgeous, Natalia, I love this 'dirty' white color very much, it is warmer to see, than a brighter white color. But I do understand what you mean to say with it.
Have a nice weekend :D!
Hugs, Ilona

BiWuBär said...

Haha, so I'm running in your head to make you go on with your filling stitches... *grin* But your right that even this task has some advantages... and let's not forget it needs the big one-colour patternless parts to make the design shine, right? I like your rug very much the way it is but I can understand why you're not content with the off-white... freshly fallen snow is something special for sure.

Hugs
Birgit

12Create said...

Another beautiful rug Natalia. Reminds me of patchwork. I cannot believe how fast you stitch. I look forward to seeing your next project.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...