Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Dollhouse Miniature Christmas Quilt


I was such in a hurry to finish this miniature quilt before the New Year starts. I finished only the quilt top but still decided to show you.

This Christmas quilt measures 4 3/4" square. There are total of 25 squares, each little square measures 9/16". Each strip measures 3/16". I used 3 different color fabrics for strips, 12 white fabrics each with different design; 2 different fabrics for corners and borders.

The quilt top is made by using English paper piecing method, completely hand sewn.


Happy New Year!

7 comments:

miniaturista said...

Que cosa tan bonita.
FELIZ AÑO NUEVO
Un abrazo
Maite

Catherine said...

Ooooh This is a great one! Very nice!

minwks said...

Hi Natalia,
The first miniature item I attempted to make was a quilt for my friend Elizabeth of StudioEMiniatures. Unlike you, I was a complete novice and the quilt was slightly over scaled but very stiff. What I had not realized was that it was not the actual item but the appearance of the item. To trick the eye I did not need to put batting between the top and backing of the quilt.
Anyway it started off a wonderful hobby in which I could indulge my crafty side without filling the house with real size items.
I thought that it was a hobby that would not take up so much room. Mm ... Wrong ... But never mind, I am enjoying seeing your quilts as fine handwork is obviously your forte!
Wishing you a healthy and happy 2016.
Regards Janine

The grandmommy said...

May bonito!

BiWuBär said...

A wonderful piece in delicate classical Christmas colours. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Hugs
Birgit

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

Un trabajo fantástico. Feliz año nuevo.Besos:-)

miniacollection said...

Beautiful work!
Happy New Year!
Geneviève

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...